Wild Romance at Siwash Lake RanchCelebrating your honeymoon, anniversary, or simply yearning for an intimate, yet adventurous escape together with your sweetheart?
Siwash’s all-inclusive “Wild Romance” package offers alluring adventures designed to satisfy guys and gals, with the perfect blend of activities, relaxation and romance. You'll create memories to last a lifetime together. First-time through advanced riders and fishers are welcome.
Meals & Accommodation
- Luxury accommodation in a premium Lodge room with en-suite bathroom, private veranda or balcony, and gorgeous lake and wilderness views
- Morning wake-up service with tea or coffee & muffins delivered to your room
- Breakfast, lunch, evening hors' d'oeuvres & three-course dinner served in our fine dining room
- All beverages, including premium wine, beer & spirits
- A bottle of fine French champagne to enjoy when you wish
- A romantic “silver-service” private dinner for two, safari style in the meadow, in-suite, or on your private veranda
- A couple's relaxation massage for two in our magical tented spa
Our Signature Horseback Riding Program
- Daily horseback riding (10am - 5:00pm) with your own horse assigned for duration of stay (for first-time riders through to very advanced)
- Natural western horsemanship and riding instruction, plus groom & saddle your own horse
- Daily guided riding geared for all experience levels in very small groups (maximum six guests) with duration and intensity of rides in accordance with guest's wishes
- Freedom to ride on your own, unescorted, following three guided rides for those with proven ability
- Special guided all-day ride with campfire lunch and swimming in a river
Plus, you may choose a substitute activity for riding on any morning, afternoon or full day—as you wish—from any of the following guided activities included in this romance package:
- Full day guided fishing safaris - float tubes, pontoon boats, waders, trolling - fly or spin casting (beginner to advanced)
- Guided hiking
- Skeet shooting
- Wilderness survival (Practical hands-on session that teaches Outdoor skills)
The following self-guided activities are available for you at all times, with equipment supplied by the ranch and included in the package:
- Mountain biking
- Lake and river swimming
- Canoeing and rowing on our private lake
- Outdoor ranch games including badminton, bocce ball, baseball & meadow soccer
- Bird watching
Starting at $9,950 CAD per couple for five nights. Six night and one-week packages available. Please email or phone us at the ranch for details, 1.250.395.6541
Couples seeking the essence of romance and paired possibilities should look no further than Siwash Lake Ranch. Imagine, it's your dream trip…
… when morning light inches across the meadow then slides up the hand-hewn logs of Siwash's 7,000-square-foot ranch house in British Columbia's Cariboo Country, you greet the day together on your private veranda overlooking the shimmering lake.
Rustic elegance defines this exclusive boutique resort. As a newly united or re-connected twosome, you may enjoy the nurturing effects of Egyptian linens and a soak in an old-fashioned claw-foot tub together. Then sit, ensconced in fluffy robes and sipping French-press coffee, considering the adventures that will fill your day at Siwash while songbirds serenade from nearby pines.
After a delectable breakfast of free-range eggs and garden fresh berries, you’ll learn to groom and saddle your horses. Personal mounts—trustworthy and responsive—are matched perfectly with your riding abilities. Soon you will set off together with a private guide to roam trails that wander through the surrounding 80,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Once you have proven your basic riding skills, as sweethearts you can experience one of Siwash Lake Ranch's most-valued features: the ability to explore the aspen and ponderosa-pine forest on horseback without a guide or other guests.
Siwash does not buy into the "nose-to-tail" riding philosophy of dude ranches, so you’ll picnic alone among wildflowers in a pristine meadow or indulge in a sexy skinny dip in an isolated lake or river, where you’ll fully appreciate the genius of this policy and the romantic privacy Siwash affords.
And yet a couple can do more than gallop side-by-side across a plateau during a Siwash stay. A visit in spring, summer or fall allows guests to cast a fly to a rising rainbow trout, paddle a canoe at sunset across Siwash Lake, mountain bike an array of trails or simply relax by the impressive river-rock fireplace with a glass of fine wine.