What makes Siwash so special and some questions to ponder...
Private & Exclusive, by Nature™
The Ranch at Siwash Lake is a world leader in providing tailor-made, private and all-inclusive riding and adventure vacations in an authentic wilderness setting.
- Conde Nast Johansens Approved property
- Signature Experience for the Canadian Tourism Commission
- Certified Gold with Green Tourism Canada
- Rated among the 10 greatest ranches in North America by USA Today
- Ranked a top luxury dude ranch by Forbes Traveler
Siwash is also truly family friendly, unlike many other luxury guest ranches that only allow children during specific weeks. And yet its size provides the flexibility to offer romantic adult oriented vacations as well.
There is no rigidly structured programming; the emphasis is on customized holidays, tailoring each vacation to the wants of the guest. The ranch house features intimate, top quality accommodation with all the comforts of a country home. Our barn loft and tent suites on the Ridge offer extra privacy and truly authentic ranch and wilderness settings. Ranch grown organic food is prepared fresh from scratch daily in our country kitchen, by five-star chefs. We host a maximum of 16-28 guests, with a well polished staff of 20.
All this, combined with an extensive menu of adventure activities—and the privilege of riding responsive, gentle and sure-footed horses in very small groups, or in solitude—is why Siwash shines among others. Freedom, adventure, and the highest level of comfort are offered in a unique setting and combined with unparalleled service and attention to detail. This sets Siwash Lake Ranch apart from the rest.
When comparing our packages to those of others, please be discerning. Consider details and ask the following questions...
Does the ranch offer:
- An experience that is truly in nature amidst genuine wilderness?
- How far to the nearest public road? Closest settlement?
- A working ranch or family farm setting? Run by Canadians? Americans? Foreigners?
- Full days of riding every day? Or is it by the hour and/or half day?
- Are you taught to groom, saddle and allowed to take part in daily care of the horses?
- Detailed instruction? Opportunities to learn and go at your own pace?
- Are private guides available?
- Eco-initiatives? Is the ranch actually certified for responsible tourism?
- Personal one-one service? What is the resort capacity when full?
- Main activities overseen and often guided by the owners and hosts? Or are the owners/hosts absent?
- Are unlimited premium wine, beer and spirits included? Or simply a glass of house wine with dinner?
- Are airport transfers available?
- What other activities are included? Guided? Self-guided? Equipment rental costs?
- What are the optional a la carte offerings?
- Is there a spa with full menu and onsite attendant?
- An actual children's program? Nanny service?
We'd love to discuss your vacation needs in person over the phone. Please call us at the ranch.
RANCH OWNER & GENERAL MANAGER