Why choose Siwash Lake Ranch?
- Genuine and remote wilderness location: Hideaway with private lake surrounded by 80,000 acres of natural meadows and forests, flanked by two rivers. Remarkably remote, yet easy access.
- Outstanding horseback riding program: Synergy with Horses™—Official showcase program for the Canadian Tourism Commission. Freedom to ride on your own or with private guides; no nose-to-tail; and comprehensive, hands-on experiential program for all levels.
- Nature-based, multi-activity adventures: Riding; fishing; hiking; mountain biking; river and lake swimming; skeet shooting; wilderness survival; interpretive nature walks; bird watching; canoeing and more!
- Small, private and exclusive: Currently a maximum of 14-24 guests and 14 staff ensures royal pampering; personal service; attention to detail; and intimate, boutique atmosphere.
- Ultra-luxe amenities: Fine dining; high standard of comfort in lodge and guest accommodations; healing treatments available at unique, canvas-clad ‘Spa in the woods’.
- Family-friendly: One of few very high-end ranches that welcome children throughout the summer with a quality children’s program that’s available upon request.
- Authentic culture: Owners are Canadian (no immigrants or foreign influences as with many of the Canadian ranches), fourth generation ranchers, hands-on hosts and guides. Setting is akin to an “Old West” ranch estate, with log buildings, snake fences and true frontier flavor.
- Sustainable travel at its best: A top eco-friendly luxury destination in Canada (the Globe & Mail). Solar powered family farm; daily best practices policy; conservation; home grown and free-range food; minimal environmental footprint.
When comparing our packages to those of others, please be discerning. Consider details and ask the following questions...
Does the package include:
- An experience that is truly in nature amidst genuine wilderness? How far to the closest settlement?
- A working ranch or family farm setting? Run by Canadians? Americans? Foreigners?
- Full days of riding every day? Or is it by the hour and/or half day?
- Your own horse for duration of stay, to groom, saddle and care for?
- Detailed instruction? Opportunities to learn and go at your own pace?
- Private guides?
- Eco-initiatives? Is the ranch actually certified for responsible tourism?
- Personal one-one service? What is the resort capacity when full?
- Main activities led by the owners and hosts? Or are the owners/hosts unable to guide?
- Unlimited premium wine, beer and spirits? Or a glass of house wine with dinner? Or none at all?
- Airport transfers?
- What other activities are included? Guided? Self-guided? Equipment rental costs?
- What are the optional a la carte offerings?
- Is there a spa? Or a visiting masseuse? Or none at all?
- An actual children's program? Babysitting only? None at all?
We'd love to discuss your vacation needs in person over the phone. Please call us at the ranch.
Roy & Allyson
RANCH OWNERS & YOUR HOSTS