Entertainment & Excursions
After a full day of adventure in the great outdoors and a leisurely dinner in our fine dining room, many guests find themselves connecting and sharing stories around a crackling fire in the great room of the ranch.
While the adults are relaxing and communing together over after-dinner drinks, board games are a big hit with the younger bunch, and often teens and young'uns will all join in together for a rousing game of Pictionary or a wild, international rules "anything goes" game of rugby in the home meadow.
Planned activities revolve around a full one week's stay at the ranch. The following may be offered in the evenings after dinner depending on weather and guest dynamics:
- Cowboy 101 ~ Learn to throw a lariat
- Texas Hold'em Poker ~ family-friendly version
- Fly-tying ~ for the keen fishermen and women
- Country Crafts ~ make a ranch keepsake
- Campfire ~ star gazing and marshmallow roasting, and if we're lucky, the Northern Lights!
- Outdoor Games ~ Anyone for meadow rugby? Badminton? Or how about ranch-style bocce ball (a rustic version of lawn bowling, played in the home meadow - great fun for players of all ages) There's also plenty of grassy field space for family-style baseball and soccer.
One of Nature's many wonders is right in our backyard, an easy 10-15 minute drive from the ranch. The breath-taking scenery of Crater Lake and its accompanying waterfalls is well worth the visit and is a wonderful excursion.
Once a month throughout the warm season, there's a local rodeo held at one of the nearby small towns. It's a chance to watch some great horsemanship, and take in some regional colour and genuine cowboy culture.