Helicopter Adventures at Siwash LakeOff-the-beaten-path in western Canada lays the last frontier of British Columbia. BC’s Cariboo region is perched high on an interior plateau of rolling Cascadian landscape, rich with rivers, lakes and grasslands, bounded by snowy peaks and animated by a history of gold seeking and cattle ranching.
Click on the arrow to watch our Heli-Safari Video!
This sparsely populated chunk of BC’s heartland has a magnetic appeal, where a remote swathe of the mighty Fraser River cuts through semi arid country like a northern Grand Canyon and where the Cariboo Gold Rush reached a feverish peak in the 1870’s. Our resort at Siwash Lake lays poised atop this magnificent Fraser Plateau, the ideal base from which to explore some of BC’s best kept secrets by helicopter!
Hover by the Sacred Spires on this remote section of the mighty Fraser where the Chieftain is naturally etched into the sandstone hoodoos—a wilder, Canadian frontier version of Mount Rushmore or the Grand Canyon
We offer custom helicopter exploration of this region’s remote and glorious frontier. Join us for a journey to Nature’s sacred places—sites seldom seen, steeped in high adventure where rich history abounds—guaranteed to create stories you and your loved ones will share for a lifetime.
Siwash Custom Helicopter AdventureThe following is a sampling of experiences you can choose from to create your own personalized, full day heli-safari:
- Soar over centuries-old sandstone hoodoos (also known as fairy chimneys, tent rock or earth pyramids) and hover by the Chieftain at Sacred Spires
- For adrenalin junkies, “run the river” by heli
- Picnic, safari-style, on a remote river beach at Lone Cabin Creek
- Learn the age-old pursuit for pay dirt—panning for gold!
- Take an interpretive nature walk through the desert grasslands and sage strewn bench-lands above the Fraser
- Land at Fort Berens cottage winery in Lillooet, mile 0 on the Gold Rush Trail, for a tasting and then whisk a bottle of your favourite to a mountain top to uncork and consume above the clouds with gourmet appy's; or enjoy a leisurely lunch in the vineyard
- Heli-hike the high alpine on Wild Horse Ridge
- Watch traditional First Nations fishing—dip-netting for salmon
- Study the First Nations petroglyphs at a secluded sandy bend of the river bank
- Explore historic remnant's of the Gold Rush Frontier: ruins of a gold miner's shack, mining shaft, and pioneer cabins
Your private helicopter safari can be booked a la carte during your stay at Siwash, and best if possible to let us know in advance at time of booking your stay that you have interest. Based on weather and flying conditions, we will choose the best day during your stay for the flight. You will not be charged for the flight until check out. Please contact us for more information & pricing.
Helicopter Adventures are based on availability during your stay and cannot be booked in advance. There are times when this excursion may not be available. As well, Siwash is located at 4,000 feet elevation on the Fraser Plateau; conditions are highly changeable as in the mountains. Most days, this will not prevent you from enjoying your Helicopter Adventure however, if the heli-safari is not available, we have many other activities to keep you busy.